The thing about living in the Sacramento Valley is that it looks like fall, but it doesn't really feel like fall in mid-October. Yes, the leaves are changing (the ivy pictured above is one of my favorites), but it still reaches the low 80's around here. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't mind a little rain or snow in my world.I suppose that's the plight of a cold weather-loving California girl, right?
I know what you're thinking: Cry me a river, Jen. Sheesh.
Anyway, if any of you have plans to puddle jump or play in the snow this weekend (I'm looking at you, friends who live up north), please share in the comment section below. I'll just live vicariously through you over the next several weeks, okay?
Meanwhile, I've got some fun links to get you ready for the weekend and a few things you may have missed.
- Three words: Pumpkin. Butter. S'mores. Dang.
- My friend Adina just redesigned her blog, Gluten Free Travelette. My favorite feature? Bigger photos! Her posts always get me pumped to discover something new. Check it out when you have a chance.
- Confession time: I heard about Lorde a while back and recently purchased the album. I cannot get enough...her lyrics are fantastic and the beats are perfection. Oh, and she's only 16 years old. So there's that. Verily Magazine published a great piece about her today.
Weekly Wrap Up:
- I chopped off a good amount of hair last week and donated it to charity, which had me wondering... is hair farming a thing?
- Blog sponsors are the best and mine are incredible. So creative. So talented. Show them a little love if you have a minute.
Have a fabulous weekend, my friends. Don't forget to tell me all about the cold weather fun you'll be having!