There's just something special about this time of year. The rain finally started to fall early this morning (we've had a pretty dry autumn around here) and I can't help but cross my fingers for more. The chill to the air makes time spent inside so cozy and the promise of a little snow in the mountains (I'm serious. Cross those fingers for us, okay?) has me dreaming of winter adventures.
Here are a 13 ways I'm enjoying life as 2013 starts winding down:
- Gathering the necessary ingredients to make my home smell delicious.
- Brewing lavender tea, thanks to goodies I've stashed away from the Lamm Farm.
- Making the holiday rum balls early so they have time to "rest" in the fridge. Yum.
- Learning just how easy it is to make your own brown sugar. I mean... come on.
- Taking walks in the early evening with my husband and our pup Hank -- even though it's dark outside.
- Using eucalyptus and steam to help ward off the sniffles.
- Pinning holiday inspiration like a mad woman.
- Making comfort food with an autumn-inspired twist.
- Creating and buying handmade gifts for family and friends.
- Gearing up for another snowshoeing adventure and promising my husband that I will take more snowboarding lessons this winter.
- Wishing we could find a friend for Hank the way we found one for our beloved Zen a few years back. Puppies at Christmastime are the best.
- Actively looking for friends who are up for hot chocolate dates at my favorite spot in town. Three words: European Sipping Chocolate.
- Decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving. While I despise how the holiday shopping season continues to creep toward Thanksgiving, I don't see anything wrong with putting up a few early twinkle lights. Do you?
So what has you loving the season? Any fun adventures planned as the temperatures start to drop or are you content to cozy up by a warm fire? Either way, I vote for closing down 2013 with equal parts inspiration, love and adventure. Who's with me?